Monday, January 19, 2009

French Onion Soup

I tried bowling on Saturday afternoon. I guess I more tried, I did. Scott came with and we met a group from the club. What a blast. There were probably about 20 of us. As the afternoon went on it became obvious why we are triathletes and not bowlers. :)

As usual Scott and I turned on the competitive switch. He beat me the first game but I came back and beat him the second :) Combined score I beat him by almost 20 pins. :) :) I couldn't let him beat me, I would never hear the end of it if he did.

My mom had the kids for the night so we went to dinner afterwards. The streets were snowy and icy but that didn't stop people from going out. All the restaurants were packed. After trying several we ended up at Houlihans. We sat at the bar, something we never do and talked. Scott tried this lemonade cherry vodka drink that was soooo good. I stuck with my Coca Cola. I had my one beer for the day. Dinner was good. I had a chill so I order French Onion Soup with my burger and mashed potatoes. I wanted some extra carbs for Sunday's run.

The soup was a mistake. That's all I'm gonna say. I won't go into detail. Almost didn't go to the run. Probably shouldn't have gone to the run. But I must say. It's the 1st time I've run 7 miles in a long, long time and I felt good. Even with the hills and the snow and the stomach issues. I felt really good out there. I even had the courage to check my splits on the Garmin when it was all done and I managed to kick out a couple 9:40 miles. I did have to break away from the group at about 5.5. My stomach was out of control. Like I said above, I won't go into detail but let's just say what I had to do is something I would NEVER even consider unless I had to do it. I'm just hoping I don't end up on U tube tomorrow.

No one has sent me anything so I think I'm safe. I'm never eating French Onion Soup again. UGH! Week 3 of training is starting now. Well, base training. I wrote last week official training starts today. Well, I don't which Ironman I thought I was doing cause official training for Louisville doesn't start until March 1st. :) I was never good at guessing. So, I will continue to ride the trainer 3 times a week, run 3 times a week and swim once a week. The swimming will increase. Slow and steady. Hmmm. I've heard that before. It'll all be good.

1 comment:

RunBubbaRun said...

The questions is did you hurl before you got to the car?

Good job on the 7 mile run. IMKY, time to get busy.