Monday, August 31, 2009

Louisville

Driving into Louisville from Indiana Saturday afternoon left me with a knot in my stomach and a lump in my throat.

Crap! I thought. This week-end is going to be ruined because I'm suddenly feeling very sad about not racing on Sunday.

Well, I got over. I don't know if it's because I said how I was feeling out loud to Thelma (Laura) or what but the knot and lump shortly dissolved away and shear joy of watching an event like an Ironman unfold Saturday afternoon was a blast!

Over the past several weeks I've wondered if I will have the desire to want to "race" an Ironman distance. The expense of just signing on to do it has soured my feelings toward the race since I lost $450 cancelling my entry this summer.

But after yesterday, I know in my heart I'm meant to try. In my heart I know I should be out there and giving it everything I have. Next time I won't be carrying my phone with me, or stopping on the bike several times to pee or call the family, not taking 20 minutes in transition each time. I need to know what it feels like giving it everything I have. This year my body just wasn't ready for that but I know someday it will be.

I'm looking forward to someday.

Congratulations training buddies. You worked hard, it was an amazing day for you. God bless you Ironmen!

No comments: