Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Why No Vote? That's a Shitty Thing

Last night I swam with the group.

One of the coaches, who I completely respect, and I'm not just saying that cause I found out he reads this blog, asked me - "Why no vote?" Meaning why wasn't there a vote for a person to replace me when I left the club.

WOW, where did that question come from? I mean, why didn't I think of that?

He deserved an honest answer. I just told him, I didn't think of having a vote. I went on to say more but as I was talking I was wondering how could have missed not letting the club have a say in the whole thing. I have about 10 excuses to that question but that's all they are my excuses.

For some reason I keep hearing my brother tell me, "that was a really shitty thing you did". I think shitty things are done intentionally and this wasn't intentional. I would like to think that anyone who knows me, KNOWS I would never intentionally do a shitty thing. But I must say right now I'm feeling shitty.

Sorry for the bad language. There's just no other way to describe it.

2 comments:

RunBubbaRun said...

4 more years, 4 more years. I don't have lots of money, but I'm sure I can bribe Scott with a beer.

Bernie Conway said...

Of all the people that I know, you are one of the few that are beyond reproach,you did nothing wrong or improper at all.
You've sacrificed huge blocks of time to make the tri-club,and masters swim team energetic and vital clubs. You have made new members feel welcome, and long time members feel appreciated. I for one can not even imagine anyone combining Pam and shitty in the same sentence. (except for that example).
I asked the question out of curiosity, there was absolutely no judgement involved. If there was a way for me to take back that question I asked you, I would do it in a second. You are truly above reproach and deserve to be happy, content, and satisfied with all the work you did and continue to do for others. I am grateful to know you, and to have you as a role model as a giving, caring person who always puts others needs ahead of her own.
I hope that we can let go of the "shitty thing" and let it be replaced with peace and contentment.
Peace,
Bernie