Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday Trot / I'm Cheating on You

We met at Swallow Cliff on Sunday morning.

I didn't keeping up with the big boys and girls. I trotted out 5.25 miles with Dennis and Tom. Tom kept going since he was feeling good. It was nice having Bubba hang back and catch up on things.

I was so happy to see our group out there. I haven't seen Gil for weeks and Dennis, jeez, honestly I can't remember the last time I saw him. And even Tom showed. I haven't talked about him for a long, long, long time. But last week-end he started riding and running again. And he was there again this week.

The only ones missing were Doug and Scott and it would have been just like the good old days. It was so good seeing everyone smiling, running, talking, laughing. I really am a mother hen if something like seeing them out there makes me so happy.

So, Sunday afternoon I get an email message from a relative. Something about a Facebook message. I ignore it cause I have no idea what Facebook is. Later that night I get another message from a friend from high school, about Facebook. This time I click the link from the message thinking if I just sign it then I'll be left alone.

Well, I felt like I opened the can of trick worms that pops out at you. I find out that all these people that I know write on Facebook. I'm thinking holy cow, how did this just happen and where did this come from.

I feel like by signing on to Facebook I'm cheating on my blog. Yes, I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous.

So, I guess between sharing my life with my husband, raising my children, hanging with the girls, training with my trimates and writing this blog, I will also check Facebook and see what the rest of the world is up too.



3 comments:

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Careful with Facebook....the blog does suffer.

That being said, add me as a friend.

RunBubbaRun said...

It was like old times, smelled the same too..the trail, not you.

If you sign up for Facebook. Add me as a friend as well. Woohoo.

Anonymous said...

sometimes you might hear me breathing hard from waaaay back there!