Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008

I'm an hour and 54 minutes into the House marathon. I thought I would take a break and write a couple of things. Oh, and I am feeling a little disappointed/cheated. I just learned that the marathon is only 23 hours not 24 like I thought. Oh, well.

What am I thankful for ....


Good health.

My husband and children - my whole family.

The belly ache laugh Laura and I had on our way home Tuesday.

The conversation Caroline and I had Wednesday morning.

Running with Barbara and Jane.

My big legs that help me run and bike.

Water. Food. Cold Coca Cola - hot cinnimon tea.

This is going to sound strange, even selfish but I'm thankful that my trimates, the moo crew experienced burnout. This was a tough year for me. Oddly, having Tom, SI and even Dennis (to a certain extent) go thru went I was going thru made it a little more bareable. Actually it sucked and it's nice to see all of slowly coming out of it.

I'm thankful for Rockman. It taught me I really can finish what ever I put my mind to. I'm not a quiter. It also taught me I'm an idiot for going and doing a 1/2 Ironman with no training. That only prolonged the burnout I was feeling. I learned a lot this year.



What is Gracie thankful for? ....

The world.

For her mom. :)

My brother.

My teddy bear.

My family.

Thanksgiving.

and most of all I am thankful for my world.



What is Zak thankful for? ....

My mom. :) :)

My house.

My car.

My heart.

My vacation to Disney World.

My family.

And I'm thankful for God.


Happy Thanksgiving. :)

No comments: