Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Food Drive - Day 11

11 days in and the grand total is ...... 231!!!!

Some things I've heard this week.

- - - - Me talking to my son Zak - - - -

Me: I need figure out a way to reach more people to give food.

Zak: I know mom, why don't you tell them you'll give them $1,000.

Me: Well, if I could do that then I wouldn't need to be collecting food.

Zak: Laughing, oh ya, let's keep thinking. :)

- - - - Me and Gracie after school - - - -

Gracie: We had our physical fitness drill today mom.

Me: How'd it go?

Gracie: Mom, I told myself if my mom can run 50 miles for food, I can run around the gym 35 times.

Me: ..... I couldn't could speak. She's either learned how to tell me what I want to hear or she is the little girl I hoped she would be. I'm going with the 2nd answer. :)

- - - - @ Church on Sunday - - - -

Scott and I were waiting for the kids to come out of the restroom before church on Sunday. We both stood mesmerized looking at the food donations that were coming in for the food drive at church. They have one every month. We give but never bother looking at all the donations. Sunday we both stood at the back of the entire collection of food. It was neatly categorized into cereals, pastas, soups, you get the idea. I kept thinking, that has to be what 3,000 looks like. Probably more. I caught a glimpse of our reflections in the glass, you would have thought we were kids on Christmas looking at all the presents under the Christmas tree.

Thanks to all who have donated. This is going to be a success because of you guys! Onward and upward!!!

No comments: