Sunday, June 17, 2007

Blissful Torture

I was sitting outside on my front step enjoying a moment of quiet time. It was around 7:30 p.m. and I just finished unpacking the car. The kids were inside with Scott getting rid of the last bit of energy they had stored up on the long car ride home from Wisconsin. My cell phone rang.

Me: "Hey Scott I......" (Scott I. is one of my tri-mates and also a member of the "07 Moo Crew")

Scott I: "Hey, how's it goin?"

Me: "Hey!!! How's it going with you?!" Scott, Doug, Pat, Ken, Tom R. and Bubba rode the 200K of the Horibly Hilly Hundreds, in Blue Mounds Wisconsin.

Scott: "We finished about an hour ago" - I think that's what he said.

Me: "I'm glad you guys are safe and everyone is ok."

Scott: "Yah, me too. Hey, I wanted to know what you thought of the ride?" Tom F., Rick and I did the 100K of the Horribly Hilly Hundreds.

Me: I sat there for a second, trying to find just the right words and then it came to me - "BLISSFUL TORTURE".

Scott: "Haa - I like that".

:)

2 comments:

Doug Johnston said...

Blissful Torture? Hmmmm... Not sure what that says...

Great Ride! IMOO will seem like a walk in the park now.

RunBubbaRun said...

Great job, I think you are now ready for UltraRunning. You kinda of get a ZEN like torture feeling there also..

IMoo, what hills..