Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ginger Root Tea

I've been dealing with aches and pains all summer. Nothing serious (I dont' think) but enough to nag the crap out of me and to keep me away from training. Blah, blah, blah, wha, wha, wha.

So, I was running a couple of weeks back with Jane. A trimate of mine who I have a lot of respect for. She's very modest and full of great training stories. So I'm complaining while we were running and she suggests that I try some Ginger Root Tea. "Just slice a couple of pieces from a ginger root and a 1/4 teaspoon of temarac (?spelling) to 16 ounces of water. Slow boil for a while and drink." I blew it off but was feeling some discomfort this week from the long ride so thought I would try it. Well, I drank it yesterday and today and I'm feeling relief. Not sure if it's all in my head but have to say I'm not hobbling around or wincing anymore.

If you're gonna try it make sure you drink it while it's hot. I let cool a bit this morning and let's just say drink it while it's hot. :)

No comments: